Description: Maranoa Logo Process

 

ATTACHMENTS PAPER

 

General Meeting

 

Wednesday 25 September 2013

 

Roma Administration Centre

 

NOTICE OF MEETING

 

Date: 20 September 2013

 

Mayor:                                                    Councillor R S Loughnan

 

Deputy Mayor:                                        Councillor W S Wason

Councillors:                                             Councillor J L Chambers

                                                              Councillor R J Denton

                                                              Councillor P J Flynn

                                                              Councillor W M Newman

                                                              Councillor C J O’Neil

                                                              Councillor M L Price

                                                              Councillor D J Schefe

 

Chief Executive Officer:                            Ms Julie Reitano

 

Senior Management:                                Mr Tony Klein (Director Community & Commercial Services)

                                                              Mr Michael Parker (Acting Director Infrastructure Services)

                                                              Mr Rob Hayward (Director Development, Facilities & Environmental Services)

 

Officers:                                                  Ms Jane Frith (Coordinator Corporate Communications)

 

Please find attached agenda for the General Meeting to be held at the Roma Administration Centre on September 25, 2013 at 9.00am.

Julie Reitano

Chief Executive Officer

 


Maranoa Regional Council

    

General Meeting -  25 September 2013

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Item       Subject

No

 

 

Reports

 

10.2    Request for a Contribution to Headstone Repairs - Roma Monumental Cemetery

              Attachment :            RE: Roma Cemetery - Grave of Edgar John Wilson & Betty Isobel Wilson  2

 

10.3       Council Initiated Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes

              Attachment 1:         Confirmed Roma CBD Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes - 02.07.13      4

              Attachment 2:         Confirmed Airport Advisory Committee Minutes - 07.08.13 ................. 9

              Attachment 3:         Confirmed Roma Saleyards Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes - 29.07.13............................................................................................................. 15

              Attachment 4:         Confirmed Roma CBD Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes - 27.08.13      18

 

10.5    Write-Off / Write-On Action arising out Council's Stocktake of Stores Inventory

              Attachment :            Attachment A- Summary of Store Inventory  Write-Ons/Offs as at 30thJune 2013............................................................................................................. 22 

 

12.2       Re: Request for Dust Seal - Pinelands Lane

              Attachment 1:         Customer Request - Jason Currie - 112 Pinelands Lane Mitchell - request for bitumen on road outside house 30 August 2013 - received 4 Sept 2013       23

              Attachment 2:         Acknowledgement Letter to Jason Currie Re Request for bitumen seal, Pinelands Lane.................................................................................... 24

 

12.3       Naming of Unamed Road

              Attachment :            Map of Unnamed Road Off Swans Road to be Named...................... 25

 

12.4       Footpath Request - Caroline St, Mitchell

              Attachment 1:         Footpath Request - Caroline St, Mitchell and Response Letter 2009 26

              Attachment 2:         Acknowledgement Letter to Graham Allen Re Request for footpath, Caroline St, Mitchell................................................................................................. 28

 

13.1       Rename Injune Building

              Attachment :            Injune Youth Group Building Request for Change of Name................ 29

 

 

Closure

    


Attachment 1

RE: Roma Cemetery - Grave of Edgar John Wilson & Betty Isobel Wilson

 

From:Julie Reitano[EX:/O=ROMA REGIONAL COUNCIL/OU=EXCHANGE ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=JULIE.REITANO]

To:'J Wilson '[SMTP:mmajw21@bigpond.com]

Received-Date:20130908

Received-Time:8:35:41 PM

Sent-Date:20130908

Sent-Time:8:35:40 PM

Subject:RE: Roma Cemetery - Grave of Edgar John Wilson & Betty Isobel Wilson

 

Dear John and Jane,

 

I am writing to confirm receipt of your e-mail, which has been brought to my attention.   I will have the matter investigated and a report prepared for Council's consideration.   Council meets twice per month.   If possible your letter and accompanying report will go to the 24 September meeting.   If there is any additional time required, we will be in contact.

 

Kind Regards,

Julie Reitano

CEO

 

 

 

 

 

 

> From:J Wilson[SMTP:mmajw21@bigpond.com] To:Maranoa Regional

> Council[SMTP:Maranoa.RegionalCouncil@maranoa.qld.gov.au

> Received-Date:20130826

> Received-Time:5:56:55 AM

> Sent-Date:20130826

> Sent-Time:5:58:19 AM

> Subject:Roma Cemetery - Grave of Edgar John Wilson & Betty Isobel

> Wilson Hello

> I have spoken with Dale Waldron this morning with regards to the 'lack

> of care' taken with my parents' grave

> When our father passed away in 1976, our mother Betty Isobel Wilson

> purchased a double plot in the Roma Cemetery.

> Dad's grave was completed and the foundations for her plot were also

> completed

> Mum made us very aware that all that had to be done was remove the

> sandstone slabs on the top, remove the soil, internment then replace

> the sandstone slabs and have her name placed on the headstone ...

> Our Mum passed away last year. When the grave was being prepared Vince

> Kearney (the stonemason who originally did the work on the grave who

> has retired and resides in Roma)went and 'oversaw' the preparation

> work for Mum s internment - he was very particular about the grave

> surrounds not being broken off just to expediate the digging of the

> grave - the grave surround was still in place when Mum was interred.

> We have left the grave to settle for twelve months and asked Ziegler

> Stonemasons to quote to complete the grave - they forwarded me two

> quotes and rang me - he indicated that the surround on Mum's grave had

> been removed

> - we have a choice of getting a new surround pinned to the Dad's grave

> at a cost of $2880 OR getting the complete grave redone at a cost of

> $5270 please refer to the quote attached)

> The Ziegler's stonemason indicated that the removal of these surrounds

> has only been occurring in recent times and that currently he has

> another family that is facing considerable additional costs to

> complete their family grave due to a similar action being taken.

> Dale Waldron from the Council indicated that the surrounds are

> sometimes damaged when a double plot is being prepared for the second

> internment - in relation to my parents' grave the damage was done when

> the grave was being filled not when it was being prepared.

> Dale has also advised that Council does not accept responsibility for

> damage done to double plots - I find this unacceptable - the Council

> employees (with the supervision of Vince Kearney) were able to prepare

> the grave for the internment without damaging the surround but when

> they were filling in of the grave the surround has been cut and removed.

> We wish for Council to consider a contribution to this repair - In

> view of the ground movement that Roma is known for we are looking at

> having to pay over double the amount whish should have been needed as

> pinning to the other grave leaves a weak spot which will let the

> memorial become unstable and disintegrate over time - we wish to

> complete our Mum's wishes of having a tidy and respectful memorial in her beloved hometown.

> We have attached copies of the photos for your perusal.

> We wait your response

> Regards

> John & Jane Wilson

Julie Reitano

Chief Executive Officer

 

Maranoa Regional Council

 

Cnr Bungil & Quintin Streets Roma QLD 4455 Postal Address: P.O Box 42 MITCHELL QLD 4465

P: 1300 007 662

D: (07) 4624 0602 M: (04) 1901 1658  F: (07) 4624 6990

 

Email: julie.reitano@maranoa.qld.gov.au

Web: www.maranoa.qld.gov.au 

 

The information contained in the above e-mail message or messages (which includes any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is intended only for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed.  If you are not the addressee any form of disclosure, copying, modification, distribution or any action taken or omitted in reliance on the information is unauthorised.  Opinions contained in the message(s) do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Maranoa Regional Council and its Agents.  If you received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your computer system network.

ü Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

 

 

 

 


Attachment 1

Confirmed Roma CBD Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes - 02.07.13

 

 

Meeting:                     Roma CBD Advisory Committee Meeting

Date:                           2 July 2013

Chair:                          Cr. Cameron O’Neil               

Attendees:                 Kevin Chambers, Robert Nugent, Sarah Holt, Jacki Erickson, Ian Galloway, Gabrielle Barron, Tyson Golder, Linette Chandler, Jim Scott, Gary Schefe, Cr. Cameron O’Neil, Cr. Peter Flynn, Tony Klein, Kym Downey, Katrina Marsh, Kelly Rogers.

 

Apologies                   Katrina Marsh, Justin Garvie

Resolution Number RC.03.13

 

Moved Gabrielle Barron                                  Seconded Linette Chandler

 

That apology be received for Katrina Marsh & Justin Garvie for the meeting.

 

CARRIED

 

Minutes:                     Kelly Rogers

 

Meeting Opened:     6.01PM

Meeting Closed:       7.25PM           

 

Next Meeting Details

Date:                           30 July 2013

Time:                          6.00pm

Location:                    Council’s Administration Centre – Roma (Council Chamber)

Meeting Actions

 

Item

Description

Comments

Action by

When

2.0

Confirmation of Minutes

It was requested Council provide feedback to TMR feedback concerning the safety of bottle trees being sold outside of a residence (in a trailer) on the Warrego Highway, Roma.

 

Katrina Marsh to provide additional information concerning Council’s responsibilities with respect managing identified fire hazards in the Roma CBD.

Kelly Rogers

 

 

 

Katrina Marsh

30 July 2013

4.0

Roma CBD Development wish list

Kelly Rogers to circulate a template for capture of ideas for collation of a ‘Wish List’ from the committee.

Committee Members complete the circulated template and return to Kelly Rogers for compilation.

Chair to confirm formalised process for submission of committee requests/recommendations for presentation to full Council for further consideration.

Kelly Rogers

 

All

 

Cameron O’Neil

25 July 2013

 

25 July 2013

 

30 July 2013

5.0

Regulated Car Parking Update

Barry Winter of Queensland police Service be invited to attend the next committee meeting.

Cameron O’Neil

25 July 2013

Include as an Agenda item for next meeting – Regulated Car Parking

Kelly Rogers

25 July 2013

The Chair formally put forward for Council’s consideration the committee’s recommendation that “Council introduce regulated on street  parking for the whole of the area identified as the “CBD,” with a maximum allowable parking period of three (3) hours.

Cameron O’Neil

24 July 2013

6.0

General Business

The Chair formally put forward for Council’s consideration the committee’s recommendation that “That Council considers immediately introducing a 40km/hr speed limit in the Roma CBD.

Cameron O’Neil

24 July 2013

 

 

That Council Staff further investigate the trucks avoiding turning at the KFC corner and using non-designated roads within the CBD as an alternate route.

Kelly Rogers

10 July 2013

 


 

Discussion Notes:

 

Item 2              Confirmation of Minutes

 

Resolution Number RC.04.13

 

Moved Jim Scott                                 Seconded Peter Flynn

 

That the Roma CBD Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes of 4 June 2013 be confirmed.

 

CARRIED

 

Item 3              Draft Terms of Reference

 

 Resolution Number RC.05.13

 

Moved Jim Scott                                 Seconded Ian Galloway

 

That the Roma CBD Advisory Committee Draft Terms of Reference be adopted as presented.

 

CARRIED

 

Item 4              Roma CBD Development wish list

 

The group requested an update on presentation of their formal request to Council - that the demolishing of the existing public toilets be placed on hold, and for the existing block to remain operational in addition to the new amenity block.

 

Chair, Cr. O’Neil, advised the group that the process of formalising of Advisory Committee Recommendations was under development.  As soon as this was finalised this recommendation would proceed formally and an update provided to the group.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Group Members offered ideas for inclusion on the ‘wish list’ as follows:-

 

·      Where possible utilise Bottle Trees to enhance Roma’s connection with the native tree

·      Consider additional parking for caravans, perhaps near the railway station

·      To assist with traffic congestion on Bowen Street, traffic to turn left in and out of this road only (Suggestion to be put forward to TMR)

·      Investigate practicality and legislation requirements around placing round about’s on McDowall Street (not all in favour of round abouts)

·      Utilise sandstone to finish of street corners (visually pleasing)

·      Encourage parking outside of the immediate CBD

·      Go ahead with mid street crossings

·      Improve safety and lower speed limit

·      Include community gathering points, both scattered and a larger combined area

·      Larger space could incorporate a precinct for kids, arts, water space, markets, play space, alfresco dining.

·      Retain number of car parks in CBD

·      Paint old style buildings on McDowall Street (visual appeal)

·      Include bubblers to drink from at key locations

·      Bottle Tree sculptures at either end of McDowall Street

·      Existing Toilets on Arthur Street to remain operational

·      Pedestrian crossing on Wyndham Street

·      Dress up the bottle tree’s & enhance existing theme (e.g. Easter in the Country)

·      Create ambience with lighting, including lighting of trees

·      Raised crossings (removable)

·      Introduce regulated parking

·     Fix drainage issues on McDowall Street as part of CBD upgrade  

 

Item 5              Regulated Car Parking Update

A key issue identified was the volume of long term parkers on the CBD streets.  (Business Employees)

Chair advise the group that in the instance of regulated parking being introduced, Council would enforce regulation through local laws.

 

Resolution Number RC.06.13

 

That Council consider the introduction of regulated on street parking for the whole of the area identified as “CBD,” with a maximum allowable parking period of three (3) hours.

 

CARRIED

 

Item 6              General Business

 

Speed Limit on McDowall Street, Roma

 

It was generally agreed by attending members that safety concerns be mitigated with the introduction of a reduced speed limit in the Roma CBD.

 

Resolution Number RC.07.13

 

That Council considers immediately introducing a 40km speed limit for motorists travelling in the Roma CBD.

 

CARRIED

 

 

Concerns about trucks

 

Members had observed trucks avoiding turning at the KFC corner for alternate routes in the Roma CBD, and requested this be further investigated.

 

Resolution Number RC.08.13

 

That Council officer’s further investigate trucks avoiding turning at the KFC corner and using non-designated roads within the CBD as an alternate route.

 

CARRIED

 

 

 

 

 

 

...............................................                                                                                                                         .............................................

Chair                                                                                                                                                               Date


Attachment 2

Confirmed Airport Advisory Committee Minutes - 07.08.13

 

 

Meeting:                     Airport Advisory Committee Meeting

Date:                           Wednesday 7 August 2013

Chair:                          Cr. Joy Denton                       

Attendees:                 Cr. Joy Denton, Ben Jones MRC – Manager Airports (Roma, Injune & Surat), Peter Flynn – Maranoa Travel Centre, Barry McCabe – Roma Aero Club, Meryl Brumpton – Flying Surgical & Flying Obstetric Service,  Lyn Kajewski – Roma Tourism Association Inc, Keith Chandler, Greg Shaw, Ian Rollinson, Gary Schefe – President Commerce Roma, Anthony Partridge – TransLink

 

Apologies:                  Cr. Cameron O’Neil, Cr. David Schefe, Michael Parker – Director – Infrastructure Services, Jon Hamer – Qantas, Christopher Kerr – Care Flight Group QLD, Adrian Harding – Europcar, Anthony McDonald – Hertz Roma, Scott Rodgers – Air BP, Vickie Beitz, Shane Brumby – MI Helicopters, Robert Lethbridge

 

Minutes:                     Christina Tincknell

 

Meeting Opened:     6:10pm

Meeting Closed:       7:31pm

 

Next Meeting Details

Date:               4th September 2013               

Time:              6:00pm                       

Location:        Maranoa Room, Roma Airport                       


Meeting Actions

 

Item

Description

Comments

Action by

When

4.0

General Aviation Parking

Advise the committee of the outcome relating to the General Aviation Parking.

Ben Jones

4th September 2013 meeting

7.0

Airport Kiosk

Provide a date of when Nektar Remote Hospitality plan to commence operations.

Ben Jones

TBA upon confirmation

Advise the committee of the commencement date of the contract with Nektar Remote Hospitality after the delay in signing the finalising the contract.

Ben Jones

TBA upon further investigation

Feedback to unsuccessful local tender applicants.

Ben Jones

TBA

9.0

General Business

Consult with Commerce Roma and local business to seek expressions of interest for retail outlets in the proposed terminal redevelopment

Gary Schefe

16th August 2013

Organise the opening of the third check-in counter

Ben Jones

As soon as possible


 

Discussion Notes:

 

Item 2              Confirmation of Minutes

Minutes for the previous meeting were provided to committee members to review prior to the commencement of the meeting. Cr. Denton tabled the minutes as true and correct with no amendments required.

Moved: Lyn Kajewski

Seconded:       Greg Shaw

 

Item 3              Aircraft Statistics

Ben Jones provided the committee members an outline of the data used by Airport Management to determine the impacts of aircraft movements on the runway and the predicted pavement life of the current runway at Roma Airport. This information is based on the average weekly aircraft movements.  Ben showed specific information outlining the BAE146 at its normal operational weight compared to the adjustments that have been made by Vincent Aviation to meet the requirement for the Roma Airport. 

The committee discussed what factors the spreadsheet takes into account, such as increased flights, aircraft maximum takeoff weight as apposed to what the aircraft actually weighs once it lands and factors such as soil quality. Ben explained that the database is a very simple tool, which only accounts for one method of pavement failure. However it provides valuable information which works in conjunction with the numerous daily serviceability inspections and continual maintenance of the pavement. This allows Airport Management to determine an estimated time frame for when a new pavement overlay may be required in the future and budget accordingly. Council has placed revenue from airport landing fees into a separate account to cover the cost a new overlay when the pavement life has been reached.

 

 

 

 

Item 4              General Aviation Parking

Ben provided an update on the availability of parking spaces in the General Aviation area. Both MI Helicopters and Barry McCabe on behalf of the Aero Club have provided feedback. Meryl Brumpton provided feedback during the discussion that 4-5 spaces would be sufficient to cover the needs of the Flying Surgical & Flying Obstetric Service. Representatives for Careflight and Royal Flying Doctors Service will be available to speak to next week.  

 

The committee decided to expedite the process the best course of action would be for Airport Management to collate all information provided and present to Council to finalise a decision on the car parking facilities. The committee can be advised of the outcome at the next meeting.

 

Item 5              Mitchell Airport Fence

Ben outlined that the repair of the Mitchell Airport fence was approved in last year’s budget. Ben is currently awaiting quotes from fencing contractors to repair the fence and will update the committee as this progresses.

 

Item 6              Lighting at Surat Airport

Ben updated the committee as to the incident at the Surat Airport, where an RFDS pilot could not activate the lights at the airport when trying to land and as a result had to be turned away. The lights were not able to be activated on the ground either and there was no electrician available in town to resolve the problem quickly. Upon investigation it was found that there was an electrical fault that meant there was no way for the lights to be activated until they were repaired. This has been completed and processes are being put in place to monitor the lighting system in future. Council staff will complete a weekly check of the lighting system, and an air band radio is being purchased for the Surat Airport to allow the lighting check to be completed through the Pilot Activated Lighting (PAL) system.     

 

The committee discussed backup options to prevent this situation occurring again. It was suggested that a backup generator for each airport would be beneficial in the instance that there is no possible way to activate the PAL system, or the use of kerosene flares would also be beneficial.

Meryl Brumpton enquired if the testing procedure will be completed at all airports operated by Maranoa Regional Council. Ben advised that staff would be completing the Airport Reporting Officer (ARO) training to allow this procedure to be rolled out at all Maranoa Regional Council Airports.

 

Item 7              Airport Kiosk – Nektar Remote Hospitality

Ben advised the committee that the lease negotiations with Nektar Remote Hospitality for the Airport kiosk have been finalised and should be signed be Nektar tomorrow. There is a 7 day cooling off period before Julie Reitano can sign the contract. It will be approximately 6 weeks before operations commence.

The committee discussed the delay in the commencement of the kiosk at the airport and that local applicants had been unsuccessful in the tender process. The committee would like to see a local applicant successful in future, as local business are also more inclined to source local products which is beneficial for everyone in the area. Concern was also raised as to when the current contract with Nektar actually takes effect, due to the delay in the contract being finalised. Ben advised that he will investigate this and advise.

Gary Schefe requested feedback for unsuccessful tender applicants, to use as an educational tool for future tender applications.

Ben advised that he will write to all local applicants that were unsuccessful and outline areas in their application that could have been improved to help local applicants. 

 

Item 8              Aero Club Water Leak

Ben updated the committee on the water leak around the Aero Club that had been brought forward in a previous committee meeting. The leak was found to be a faulty pipe and not from the sprinkler system. Airport Management have had the pipe fixed and will monitor the area to ensure there are not further leaks. Barry McCabe thanked Council on behalf of the Aero Club for resolving this issue.

 

Item 9              General Business

Ian Rollinson asked for feedback on the Surat Airport runway upgrade?

Ben advised that all works were completed. Line marking will be completed within the next few weeks.

 

Gary Schefe asked for information on the inclusion of retail outlets in the master plan of the proposed terminal redevelopment. Ben outlined that a retail area has now been included, and that once a detailed design of the terminal is completed a size for the retail area will be decided. Ben sought feedback from Gary as to if he or anyone from Commerce Roma had a proposed idea of what floor space would be adequate. Gary responded that the area does not have to be large, approximately 3-4m with petition walls and a door so retail outlets have the ability to lock away merchandise when not present.  Gary offered to consult with Commerce Roma and other local business to seek expressions of interest to gauge how many outlets may be required. Gary will provide feedback resulting from the expressions of interest to Ben by 16th August 2013.

 

 

Peter Flynn stated that the terminal is beyond capacity and as a result passengers are struggling to get checked in and find seating in the terminal. The committee discussed possible ways to expedite the process of the terminal redevelopment to resolve this solution and temporary solutions to ease passenger congestion until the terminal redevelopment is complete. As one of the areas that experiences high passenger numbers is the check-in counter the committee discussed opening the third check-in counter to allow passengers to pass through this area quicker.

The committee proposed that opening of the third check-in counter should be made a priority to ease passenger congestion in this area.

Moved: Barry McCabe

Seconded: Lyn Kajewski

 

 

Lyn Kajewski enquired as to the success of having tourism brochures available to passengers at the terminal.  Ben advised that we have refilled the stands a few times, so people are taking note of the brochures and taking them. Lyn also advised that we should speak with Jenny Hewitt from the Tourist Information Centre, as she has some very useful information for tourism promotion. Gary Schefe added that the Focus on Roma brochure would also be of interest, these can be organised through Camille Johnson.

 

Ben advised the committee that the screening point recently underwent a systems check by Office of Transport Security (OTS). The test was concluded as a null and void result due to equipment fault, however the screening staff were still successful in initially indentifying the object and following procedure.   

 

 

...............................................                                                                                                                         .............................................

Chair                                                                                                                                                               Date


Attachment 3

Confirmed Roma Saleyards Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes - 29.07.13

 

 

TRIM Reference: D13/33429

                                                                                                           

Roma Saleyards Advisory Board Meeting Minutes

Monday, 29 July 2013

Roma Council Office- corner of Bungil & Quintin Streets, Roma

1.00pm to 3.00pm

 

ATTENDEES

 

Chairperson                                                  Scott Wason

           

Scribe                                                             Bree-Anna Kupfer

 

Councillor Delegates                                   Peter Flynn

                                                           

Council Delegates                                        Anthony Klein

                                                                        Terry Hyland

 

Vendors Representatives                           James Stinson

 

Buyer/ Producer Representatives             Duncan McLeod

                                                                        Margaret Neil

           

Guests                                                           Robert Loughnan- Maranoa Regional Council

Larissa Pears - Maranoa Regional Council

Ashley Page- AEC Group

Owen Kleidon- StruXi Design

 

APOLOGIES

Tom Hartley

Jed Taylor & Tiana (DPI)

David Scott

Gordon Johnstone

 

MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING

Meeting minutes from previous meeting 27/06/2013 were confirmed at 2.40pm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BUSINESS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MEETINGS

No business arising.

 

MEETING SUMMARY

 

Topic

Summary

AEC Group/ StruXi Design

 

Ashley Page from the AEC Group and Owen Kleidon from StruXi Design presented in regards to the Saleyards Master Plan project. 

 

From significant research and stakeholder engagement the project aims to develop a detailed Master Plan and associated costing for the future commercial and operational development of the Roma Saleyards. 

 

Project objectives include:

-     planning to enhance the efficiencies & workflows of the existing Saleyards operations (WHS, Yards Operation, Animal Welfare & Environmental)

-     planning to enhance transport operators efficiency (amenities including  a Truck Stop, Weed control – additional wash down facilities & traffic management and access)

-     planning to encourage commercial development (Agents, Buyers, Contractors & Vendors)

 The project is currently in week 7 of the plan. Estimated dates for draft reports and plans:

-     Draft Master Plan  - end of August 2013

-     Draft Report - end of September 2013

-     Final Report - end of October 2013

Owen Kleidon has been speaking to local businesses and looking into what drives Roma, what are the main business types and would some business relocate to the Saleyards if the facilities were available to operate. Owen will be investigating the feasibility of a conference facility, office with meeting rooms and agent offices, possible information centre and facility tours to entice tourists.

Ashley Page asked the attendees for their outlook/ideas in relation to the Master Plan.

James Stinson

Saleyards to be better utilised, strategic development, to aline with the industry, profit could be used as capital upgrade (reduce pressure off selling fees which is the users main concern), first and foremost the primary role of the facility is a Saleyards.

Duncan McLeod

Very efficient Saleyards, higher volume might mean lower costs, it would be good to get access for type 2 road trains, and the most important thing is that at the end of the day the primary role of the facility is a Saleyards. 

Robert Loughnan

Reserve land for compatible usage.

Peter Flynn

Getting  rid of the powerlines – will lead to better access, the truck wash is not being used to the best of its abilities (should do something within 18 months – 2 years).

Terry Hyland

Use of the truck wash is 40% transport 60% coal seam gas trucks/workers.

Margaret Neil

Vendors will always be looking at the costs.

 

The next stage of the project plan is the Concept Workshop. Larissa Pears will liaise with Ashley Page to organise workshop.

 

 

 

 

Advisory Board Nominees

Handout provided from the Maranoa Regional Council Meeting minutes listing the endorsed membership list of the Committee effective from the 1 August 2013.

ALMA General Meeting

Handout provided, Terry Hyland explained the important aspects discussed at the ALMA General Meeting.

Reporting on Sale Numbers

Handout provided of Sales Figures of total sales throughput for January to July 2013 compared to January to July 2012.

Workplace Health & Safety

No smoking signs are going up near all building entrances and exit as smoking is not permitted with 4 meters of building entrances or exits.

Animal Welfare

No Issues

Organic Spelling of Cattle

Organic Spelling is not a viable idea from Birdsville due the limited number of suppliers.

                                                                                              

BUSINESS CARRIED TO NEXT MEETING

No Business

 

FUTURE MEETING DATES

The next Saleyards Advisory Board meeting will be held on the 29/08/2013 at 1.00pm – 2.30pm.

 

MEETING CLOSURE

Meeting was closed at 3.00pm.


Attachment 4

Confirmed Roma CBD Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes - 27.08.13

 

 

Meeting:                     Roma CBD Advisory Committee Meeting

Date:                           27 August 2013

Chair:                          Cr. Cameron O’Neil               

Attendees:                 Kevin Chambers, Sarah Holt, Jackie Erickson, Gabrielle Barron, Tyson Golder, Linette Chandler, Jim Scott, Gary Schefe, Cr. Cameron O’Neil & Kym Downey. 

 

Apologies                  

Resolution Number RC.13.13

 

Moved  Gabrielle Barron                      Seconded Linette Chandler

 

That apologies be received for Cr. Peter Flynn, Ian Galloway, Robert Nugent, Katrina Marsh and Tony Klein, Jackie Erickson & Gary Schefe for the meeting.

 

CARRIED

 

Minutes:                     Kelly Rogers

Meeting Opened:     6.07pm

Meeting Closed:       7.42pm

 

Next Meeting Details

Date:                           17 September 2013

Time:                          6.00pm

Location:                    Council Chambers, Roma Administration Centre


Meeting Actions

 

Item

Description

Comments

Action by

When

4.0

Wish list planning

Kelly to collate wish list specifications, and provide to the appropriate officer of Council for technical comment.  Full list to be circulated to members with the Agenda of the next Meeting.

Kelly Rogers

13 September 2013

Include the placement of signage identify the CBD area in the ‘Wish List’

Kelly Rogers

13 September 2013

5.0

General Business

Further design work on the alternative proposal to mid street crossings be bought back to the committee for further consideration at the next meeting.  (this was to include in the design, crossing options for the streets adjacent to McDowall)

Kym Downey

17 September 2013

 


 

Discussion Notes:

 

Item 2              Confirmation of Minutes & Business Arising

 

Resolution Number RC.14.13

 

Moved  Sarah Holt                   Seconded Jim Scott

 

That the Roma CBD Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes of 30 July 2013 be confirmed.

 

CARRIED

 

 

Item 3              Outcomes of Committee Recommendations to full Council

 

Chair, Cr. O’Neil provided members an update of the outcomes of committee recommendations submitted to full Council for consideration.

Specifically presented to Council at the General Meeting on 14 August 2013 and carried unanimously by Council:

Resolution No. GM/08.2013/01

Moved Cr Price                                                                                  Seconded Cr Flynn  

That Council:

 

1.    Approve the implementation of regulated parking (three hours Monday to Friday) in the Roma CBD in accordance with the Roma CBD Advisory Group’s recommendation as specified in the map attaching to the officer’s report, subject to the completion of the Arthur St (Queensland Ambulance Service land) public carpark, and

 

2.    The appropriate Council officer (Manager – Facilities) undertake a review of Subordinate Local Law Number 5 (Parking) and amend where necessary for Council’s approval to support the implementation of regulated parking in the Roma CBD.

 

Item 4              Wish List Planning

 

Members undertook a workshop to clarify items contained on the wish list.  Outcomes of these will be provided as separate documentation and categorised under 4 key themes – Car Parking Availability, Pedestrian & Motorist Safety, Enhancement of Visual Appeal, Creating Community Meeting Points.

Item 5              General Business

Kevin Chambers and Kym Downey provided members an alternative design for the mid street crossings.  Those present were generally in favour of the proposed design.  Further work will be completed on the design to and bought back to the committee next meeting.

Those present also discussed the possibility of signage being placed identifying entrance to the CBD.  This will be included on ‘Wish List’.  This may also assist with encouraging trucks to avoid the CBD.

Chair, Cr. O’Neil advised members that Council will undertake a staged approach with implementation of regulated parking in the CBD and the Roma Placemaking Plan.

Milly Chandler provided a sample design of a metal sculptured bottle tree for group viewing.

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...............................................                                                                                                                         .............................................

Chair                                                                                                                                                               Date


Attachment 1

Attachment A- Summary of Store Inventory  Write-Ons/Offs as at 30thJune 2013

 

 

 

 

 

Placeholder for Attachment 1

 

 

 

Write-Off / Write-On Action arising out Council's Stocktake of Stores Inventory

 

 

 

Attachment A- Summary of Store Inventory  Write-Ons/Offs as at 30thJune 2013

 

  Pages

 

 


Attachment 1

Customer Request - Jason Currie - 112 Pinelands Lane Mitchell - request for bitumen on road outside house 30 August 2013 - received 4 Sept 2013

 


Attachment 2

Acknowledgement Letter to Jason Currie Re Request for bitumen seal, Pinelands Lane

 

Our Ref: D13/40036; D13/40977

 

Enquiries: Clara Aitken

Phone: 4624 0712 (Direct) or

             1300 007 662 (via Customer Service)

Office: Infrastructure Services

 

 

6 September 2013

 

 

Jason Currie

PO Box 136

MITCHELL  QLD  4465

 

 

Dear Jason

Re: Customer Request Form dated 30th August 2013

 

Thank you for your Customer Request Form dated 30th August 2013, outlining your request for bitumen seal in front of your property on Pinelands Lane.

 

I have undertaken an initial review of your concerns and have allocated this matter to Kylie Fleischfresser (Coordinator Infrastructure Planning) for further investigation. Following this investigation a report will go to the Council meeting of 25 September 2013 for resolution.

 

Following this meeting I will advise you of the outcome.

 

Again, thank you for bringing this matter to the attention of Council; I will continue to keep you informed through to finalisation of your request.

 

Please do not hesitate to contact Clara Aitken of my office on (07) 4624 0712, or by email – clara.aitken@maranoa.qld.gov.au, if you have any further questions or concerns with progression of this matter.

 

 

Yours faithfully

 

 

 

 

Kym Downey

Manager – Infrastructure Planning & Design


Attachment 1

Map of Unnamed Road Off Swans Road to be Named

 


Attachment 1

Footpath Request - Caroline St, Mitchell and Response Letter 2009

 



Attachment 2

Acknowledgement Letter to Graham Allen Re Request for footpath, Caroline St, Mitchell

 

 

 

 

Our Ref: D13/40669; D13/40720

 

Enquiries: Clara Aitken

Phone: 4624 0712 (Direct) or

             1300 007 662 (via Customer Service)

Office: Infrastructure Services

 

 

6 September 2013

 

 

The Mitchell Motel

7 Caroline Street

MITCHELL QLD  4465         

 

Attention: Graham Allen

 

 

Dear Graham

Re: Request Footpath for Caroline Street, Mitchell

 

Thank you for your telephone call and e-mail correspondence with Clara Aitken (Support Officer-Infrastructure Planning & Design) on 5th September 2013, outlining your request for a footpath along a section of Caroline Street.

 

Firstly we apologise that it has taken so long to update you on this matter which you advised was initially raised some time ago. I have undertaken an initial review of your request and have allocated this matter to Kylie Fleischfresser (Coordinator Infrastructure Planning) for further investigation. Following this investigation a report will go to the Council meeting of 25 September 2013 for resolution.

 

Following this meeting I will advise you of the outcome.

 

Again, thank you for bringing this matter to the attention of Council; I will continue to keep you informed through to finalisation of your request.

 

Please do not hesitate to contact Clara Aitken of my office on (07) 4624 0712, or by email – clara.aitken@maranoa.qld.gov.au, if you have any further questions or concerns with progression of this matter.

 

 

Yours faithfully

 

 

 

 

Kym Downey

Manager – Infrastructure Planning & Design

 

 


Attachment 1

Injune Youth Group Building Request for Change of Name